A polite—and timid—call to arms
In 2006, Adam Greenfield published a polite — and perhaps too timid — call to arms where he talked about his decision to “IA or Not IA”, he makes several important observations that are:
- less about the community and more about what you are doing to the community;
- less about the practice and more about what you are doing to the practice;
- less about the discipline and more about what you are doing to the discipline.
It’d be nice if you stopped for ten minutes and answered his implied questions for yourself:
- What are you doing to the community?
- What are you doing to the practice?
- What are you doing to the discipline?
There are no wrong answers. Manifestos are due Monday morning.